Hi everybody,
Have you ever heard about sylphs? I did some research on the matter and I found out that they could be considered a particular type of fairy. Their element is air and their being is therefore usually ethereal in appearance. The sylphs I created are light-beings and are like the reflections of the rainbow. They are enlightened, clairvoyant and have insight in the workings of the universe. The rays on their forehead represent a fully developed third eye. I believe sylphs are messengers of love, hope and peace.
Have you ever heard about sylphs? I did some research on the matter and I found out that they could be considered a particular type of fairy. Their element is air and their being is therefore usually ethereal in appearance. The sylphs I created are light-beings and are like the reflections of the rainbow. They are enlightened, clairvoyant and have insight in the workings of the universe. The rays on their forehead represent a fully developed third eye. I believe sylphs are messengers of love, hope and peace.
In the summer of 2014 four images of these wonderful beings came to me after a short meditation. I created two intuitive drawings and two intuitive paintings.
Due to the choice of colored pencils as the medium Sylph of Love and Sylph of the Earth appear indeed very ethereal. The light colors also reflect tenderness. Both are accompanied by winged hearts stating that they are messengers of love. The sylph in the first drawing fills the air with flying hearts full of compassion. The one in the second work is surrounded by light particles and flying hearts. Her manifestation is a little more pronounced since growing organisms like plants and trees are part of her. She is a messenger of hope for sending love to Mother Earth and bringing her balance.
Sylph of a Cool Summer Breeze is done in cool colors and Indian Summer Sylph is done in warm tones. These are watercolor paintings. Both are meeting a butterfly of the opposite color temperature that is bringing them transformation and balance. The sylph in the first painting is the manifestation of a cool breeze caressing one's skin during a hot summer day. The one in the second work is her opposite. She brings the enjoyable warm days when summer is nearing its end and fall is moving in.
I wish them to bring you all their goodness!
If you would like to share some information about sylphs then I would love to hear your thoughts!
Love,
Rika
Love,
Rika




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for all your supportive and encouraging comments! I really appreciate them 💚 On topic questions are always welcome as well. I typically respond within 48 hours. Make sure to check the box ‘notify me’ before publishing if you want to get notified of my response. Best wishes, Rika 🌸