Hi everybody,
Welcome! Today I would like to introduce you to the wonderful Jules Ostara from the Appalachian Mountains in Blue Ridge, Georgia, in the USA. She is an artist and writer and she agreed to an interview about her work and views on intuitive art, healing through art and being a light-worker. I met Jules on social media and I have been following her for quite some time now. Her artwork is beautiful and I'm quite intrigued by her book that is on my wish list of course. So without further ado, let's meet Jules Ostara!
![]() |
| Jules Ostara, Intuitive Artist |
***
Hi Jules!
Could you tell us a bit more about yourself and how you became an artist?
Fifteen years ago, I became a mom to significantly premature twin babies who needed “life support” to grow. My whole world changed. I saw how fragile and miraculous life truly is. I also had an excuse to play with art supplies again, and I started feeling more alive. A few years later, making art helped to heal my broken heart after my mom died from ovarian cancer. I started sharing art and inspirational offerings to carry on her legacy of love for others, nature, and life.
How would you define yourself as an artist? What kind of art do you create?
I am an intuitive and inquisitive painter, writer, and explorer. I greet the canvas as both a temple and a playground. It is a place to explore the wonder and wilderness within and around me… a place to meet with mystery, honor the beauty, play with possibility, sing, pray, cry, celebrate and co-create.
![]() |
| Sogni D'oro (Golden Dreams), Mixed Media Painting on Canvas Sheet, 16"x20", Intuitive Painting (Original and Prints Available) |
Do you consider yourself a light-worker and how do you see that?
Though I haven’t thought of myself as a light-worker, I’ve been thinking about how we all have “light” within us. In my book, The Girl Who Dances With Delight, I wrote: “Delight can be a kind of Golden Compass that guides us toward our own inner Truths.” Hence, I think we are all light workers in that way. Yet, I think there is a rich and fertile dark aspect of life in each of us as well.
Is there a healing aspect to your work?
I didn’t plan to be a healer, but I needed to heal my wounds from childhood abuse, despair and grief. I am grateful for others who share their art and journeys. So, I decided to put my brave boots on and share mine as well. I share ways to add rhythm, ritual, and enrichment to lighten and liven up in my book. I share ways the creative process has helped me through online courses. I created my inspiration card decks due to a personal health scare. I wanted my boys to have a way to hold some part of my loving energy and essence in their hands if I couldn’t be around.
I’m reminded of a song by Tina Malia that says “together we can heal this land.” I think gathering with kindred spirits to explore, share, heal, and grow is part of that.
![]() |
| Wind of Change (With Bow to Divine Within), Acrylic Ink and Paint on Wrapped Canvas, 24"x30", Intuitive Painting (Prints Available and also Featured on Jules' Soul Songs Card Deck) |
What does intuition mean to you and does it play a part in your work? If it does, how does that work?
Yes. Intuition makes me think about a natural rhythm… receiving or tuning and taking in (deep breaths, listening, nourishment) and giving (exhaling, expressing, generosity). The creative process reminds me to trust myself and my instincts. I think that is something worth learning that isn’t always taught in my culture. I often talk about trusting our heads, hearts, and hands, vision and voice, joy and love. That is a big part of what intuition means to me.
Could you tell us a bit more about your shop, your book and your courses? Is there anything else you would like us to know about?
I’ve always appreciated other artists, poets, writers, and presenters. Yet, it took me years to see that my energy and creations are valuable in the same way. So are yours! I offer encouraging courses for women tuning into their own wisdom and wonder through curiosity and creativity. You can learn more about my courses at ThriveTrue.com.
You can receive a free introduction to my book with a video at ThriveTrue.com/DanceGift. The book is available on Amazon.
I am also very grateful for people who choose to support artists and bring original art and prints off the screen into their home, office, and sacred spaces. You can visit my shop at ThriveTrue.com/shop.
![]() |
| Dappled Sunlight, Watercolor, Ink and Acrylic Paint on Cradled Wood Panel, 12"x12", Semi-Abstract and Intuitive Painting (Original and Prints Available) |
Where can we connect with you and stay in touch?
My favorite way to keep in touch is via email love letters. It is the best way to make sure you don’t miss the good stuff. I share monthly inspirational card picks along with paintings, poetry, videos, and special offers: ThriveTrue.com/MagicMail
Social Media:
Website: ThriveTrue.com
***
Thank you so much Jules Ostara for connecting and sharing your artwork and views on intuition, healing and light-work with us!
***
If you too would like to be a guest on Glowing Roots' blog, then please don't hesitate to contact me! You can read more about getting featured here. Remember that you don't have to be an intuitive artist in order to work with me. It would be quite interesting to also discuss intuition with artists who for example make realistic art or who carefully plan their work. Of course you can also simply join the conversation. I would love to meet you all!
You can find the stories of Glowing Roots' guests by clicking on the topic Artists and Light-Workers.
Click on Glowing Roots Newsletter to subscribe to my newsletter and get blog updates, artsy news, freebees and special offers delivered directly in your inbox.
Love,
Rika




Thanks so much for the interview, Rika! I always enjoy remembering and celebrating the healing power of intuitive art and the creative process. Much Love, Jules
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Jules for sharing your wonderful art and your views with us! Much love, Rika π§‘πΏπ¦πΈππΈπ¦πΏπ§‘
ReplyDelete