Hi everybody,
If you enjoy the blooms, sounds and colors of late Spring and early Summer then I have a real treat for you. I'm happy to present you my newest intuitive painting Portal and Light Being. It is done with watercolors on 300g/m2 watercolor paper. The image came to me in a purely intuitive manner and is filled with visual symbolic language. I'm excited to share with you how I read it.
![]() |
| "Portal and Lightbeing", Watercolors on Paper (32cmx24cm), Intuitive Painting |
In the first stages of the painting appeared four gorgeous orange and emerald green blooms. They remind me of pansies, my favorite flowers. Orange makes me think of Spring and Summer, sweet refreshing fruit in exotic places and joy as well as the robes of Buddhist monks, focusing on spiritual growth and the art of compassion. Green generally stands for healing and nature.
![]() |
| "Portal and Lightbeing" (Flowers), Watercolors on Paper, Intuitive Painting |
Now let's take a look at the big warm blue heart. I believe this feature actually unlocks the message of the painting. It contains a little open door with a tiny heart in the middle and a pathway leading towards it. These elements are rendered in pink and green which are the colors of the heart chakra. We recognize the heart shape as the symbol of love. That is why I conclude that the painting tells us that love is the way or recommends us to open our hearts for love and beauty. Another possible interpretation of the path leading up to the heart is that of walking the middle way, the path recommended by Buddha, whilst studying the principles of kindness and compassion. Also the feature is clearly showing a passage that looks like a portal between worlds or dimensions. The scene includes a bird flying over it. My intuitive paintings of portals always show birds which I believe are messengers that freely and effortlessly cross borders between worlds or dimensions. That's why I categorized the work in my Portals Series.
Next we notice the motif of the butterfly, which I love to paint. It appears below the heart. It is the symbol of transformation and the natural cycle of life, death and rebirth.
The image also contains a more subtle representation of three purple stalactites with golden orbs floating behind them. Stalactites remind us of caves that can be associated with the sacred and mystery but also with the depths of the earth. They are perhaps a physical counterbalance of the dominating spiritual theme of the painting. Orbs are light phenomena that often refer to otherworldly activity.
![]() |
| "Portal and Lightbeing" (Stalactites), Watercolors on Paper, Intuitive Painting |
Finally we see the gentle and beautiful profile of a young girl. She is represented without hair. When I wanted to add a headdress or strings of hair I felt a strong: "No, it is already exactly how it should be." This makes me think that this face belongs to a lightbeing and that her bald head symbolises her commitment to the divine. The colorful flower motif on her forehead situated between the third eye and the crown shows that she is both clairvoyant and in open communication with the Universe. The golden beam shining from this flower with roots growing upwards could mean that her presence is highly spiritual and pure and that she is celebrating life, nature and healing or growth and abundance like they occur in Spring and Summer.
I hope you enjoyed my narrative of Portal and Light Being. If you would like to add something to this suggested interpretation, I would love to hear your thoughts!
Love,
Rika






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for all your supportive and encouraging comments! I really appreciate them 💚 On topic questions are always welcome as well. I typically respond within 48 hours. Make sure to check the box ‘notify me’ before publishing if you want to get notified of my response. Best wishes, Rika 🌸