Hi everybody,
After being away from the blogosphere for almost four months I'm finally getting back to you. My routine was interrupted by some challenging events. Last June my mom's house was flooded and, apart from emotional distress and consequential physical effects, we also have been dealing with materialistic damage and loss. To help me process what happened and start the healing process I took out my watercolors and created an intuitive painting, a rather large piece (48cm x 36cm) called Transformation and Purification. Since I believe that my intuitive artwork is guided by a divine source, I closed my eyes, emptied my mind and prayed before starting. Additionally I asked the universe to send me an encouraging message. I hoped to be reassured that things would be all right.
First I painted the leaves and contours of the big flower. I was quite puzzled when the background was filling up with water, all the way to the horizon at the upper third of the painting. At that moment I didn't feel like dealing with yet more water. Then I remembered I was painting intuitively. In order to receive an effective message I had to let it happen and not allow my rational thinking to interfere. Since I was enjoying the process I managed to quiet my logical brain and kept going. I had already been working for several hours spread over several days when the butterflies appeared and the scene finally started to make sense to me.
The butterflies symbolize transformation. Water stands for emotion and purification. In the center of the flower I recognize home, the heart of the family represented by red and gold flowers with their fresh and strong roots. They are protected by some sort of a lotus made out of healing layers of energy. This flower grows above the water, reaches for the sky and receives strength and light from the sun. It looks ancient, almost like an archetype, with its huge, worn leaves of fall colors. The lotus is a symbol of spiritual achievement since it is born from mud, finds its way through the water and finally reaches the sky, able to open its chalice to receive the gifts from the universe. The image is filled with details painted in gold that is believed to be the color of the most refined and divine energies.
I'm grateful for the message that took shape through this painting. I believe it is addressing the power of love and the value of family ties and that it is bringing us hope, purification and transformation.
With love,
Rika
After being away from the blogosphere for almost four months I'm finally getting back to you. My routine was interrupted by some challenging events. Last June my mom's house was flooded and, apart from emotional distress and consequential physical effects, we also have been dealing with materialistic damage and loss. To help me process what happened and start the healing process I took out my watercolors and created an intuitive painting, a rather large piece (48cm x 36cm) called Transformation and Purification. Since I believe that my intuitive artwork is guided by a divine source, I closed my eyes, emptied my mind and prayed before starting. Additionally I asked the universe to send me an encouraging message. I hoped to be reassured that things would be all right.
![]() |
| "Transformation and Purification", Watercolors on Paper, 48 cm x 36 cm, Intuitive Painting |
First I painted the leaves and contours of the big flower. I was quite puzzled when the background was filling up with water, all the way to the horizon at the upper third of the painting. At that moment I didn't feel like dealing with yet more water. Then I remembered I was painting intuitively. In order to receive an effective message I had to let it happen and not allow my rational thinking to interfere. Since I was enjoying the process I managed to quiet my logical brain and kept going. I had already been working for several hours spread over several days when the butterflies appeared and the scene finally started to make sense to me.
![]() |
| "Transformation and Purification" (Detail), Watercolors on Paper, Intuitive Painting |
The butterflies symbolize transformation. Water stands for emotion and purification. In the center of the flower I recognize home, the heart of the family represented by red and gold flowers with their fresh and strong roots. They are protected by some sort of a lotus made out of healing layers of energy. This flower grows above the water, reaches for the sky and receives strength and light from the sun. It looks ancient, almost like an archetype, with its huge, worn leaves of fall colors. The lotus is a symbol of spiritual achievement since it is born from mud, finds its way through the water and finally reaches the sky, able to open its chalice to receive the gifts from the universe. The image is filled with details painted in gold that is believed to be the color of the most refined and divine energies.
![]() |
| "Transformation and Purification" (Detail), Watercolors on Paper, Intuitive Painting |
I'm grateful for the message that took shape through this painting. I believe it is addressing the power of love and the value of family ties and that it is bringing us hope, purification and transformation.
With love,
Rika



I am just starting to open up to my intuition in connection with my art. It was you who had inspired me to do so and for that I am very grateful! This painting is so beautiful and full of renewal. Your work on the leaves is stunning!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Jessica!
DeleteThank you for sharing your work with us, Rika! I was intrigued with this example of your intuitive art process, after a very disruptive, upsetting experience! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind words Bev. πΏ✨π¦ππππ¦✨πΏ
Delete:)
Delete