Navigation Bar

22 July 2018

Intuitive Art Diaries: One Artwork at a Time

Hi everybody,

In the series Intuitive Art Diaries I would like to take you behind the scenes of my work, one piece at a time. That could be a drawing, a painting, a mixed media work, a sculpture, an art journal page, a collage, a piece of jewelry or a craft project. I aim to share more about my process, the materials and the colors I chose and my thoughts from start to finish. The idea is to give you a sneak peak behind the scenes of the creative process. I hope to inspire you and, if nothing else, bring you some joy.

"Phoenix Witch", Pencil on Paper Digitally Manipulated for the Purple Color, 20cmx15cm, Intuitive Drawing

My artwork can be divided in two broad categories; intuitive art that is more spiritual in nature, and experimental art that is not necessarily intuitive but focuses more on art studies and trying out new media and techniques. In my portfolio you will find fairies, mermaids, Buddha figures, sphinxes, phoenixes, flowers, landscapes, undefined light-beings... , as well as abstracts, collages and mixed media pieces. As my work is very diverse I call it free spirited or bohemian in style. All of it is woven around the exploration of beautiful colors, joy, peace, love and compassion.

"Cosmic Gate" (Detail), Acrylics, Paint Pen and Glitter on Canvas Board, 30xmx24cm, Intuitive Painting

Sometimes I need a break from what I usually do. Then I like to play with art journaling, crafting and modelling clay. I think you might also be curious about these projects, so I will share them here as well.

"Sleeping Lila" (Detail), Clay and Decorative Elements, 20cmx27cmx24cm, Intuitive Sculpting

I hope you’ll enjoy this series! Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Love,

Rika

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if you keep some sort of a diary or art journal? Thanks for sharing 🌸

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your supportive and encouraging comments! I really appreciate them 💚 On topic questions are always welcome as well. I typically respond within 48 hours. Make sure to check the box ‘notify me’ before publishing if you want to get notified of my response. Best wishes, Rika 🌸