Hi everybody,
In this post I would like to let you take a peek at the book I entered in The Sketchbook Project 2012. The announcement that the project is closing after 17 years, because of it not being sustainable anymore, prompted me to do so.
![]() |
| Introduction to 'Travel with Me, ...', Artwork and Story by Intuitive Artist Rika Dehombreux, The Sketchbook Project 2012 |
I thought it was a wonderful project. It was founded by Steven Peterman. Sam and I have entered 3 books in total, two of which I will discuss in following posts. The original idea was to build a library of sketchbooks from all over the world and store them in the Brooklyn Art Library in New York where they were accessible to the public for free. Somewhere along the way, some sketchbooks went traveling in a mobile library. Last year, disaster struck and many books were lost in a fire. We apparently lost two. 'Travel with Me ...' is the only one marked as safe so far. They are all three stored permanently in The Sketchbook Project Digital Library, which might not be accessible for some time, until all sketchbooks found a new home.
I thought it would be lovely to introduce you to each book's story. They are filled with magical intuitive art. So, here is something more about sketchbook 'Travel with Me, ...'.
![]() |
| A Snippet from the book 'Travel with Me, ...', Artwork and Story by Intuitive Artist Rika Dehombreux, The Sketchbook Project 2012 |
Revisiting this sketchbook brings back so many lovely memories. In 2012 Sam and I were still living in Germany. I was still fairly new to art journaling and mixed media. I chose a beautiful gold textured paper to decorate the cover with. It made me think of the scales of mythical creatures like mermaids and dragons. The decorative swirls, created with a golden pen, are continued throughout the whole book. The introductory page invites you to enter an enchanted cave, a portal to another world.
I'm working on self publishing this book soon. I will keep you posted.
I love fairytales. Do you? Please share your thoughts in the comments below. Thank you so much!
Much love,
Rika 💖🙏💖


Rika, it's quite beautiful. It's inspiring me to create one of my own. Thanks so much for sharing this book.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your kind words 💖🙏💖🧚♀️
DeleteWhat is your favorite fairy tale? Please share with us. 🧚♀️
ReplyDelete