Navigation Bar

27 December 2015

The Fairy between Worlds - Intuitive Painting in Watercolors

Hi everybody,

Last September I got married to my soulmate Sam. It was such a happy time! In the months preparing for our wedding I managed to make some art though. I would like to share an intuitive painting I created in my usual way of clearing my mind before starting without a preset concept and then just letting it happen. I am happy to present you The Fairy between Worlds

The Fairy between Worlds is an Intuitive Watercolor Painting by Rika Dehombreux
The Fairy between Worlds, Watercolors on Paper, Intuitive Painting, Rika Dehombreux, 2015

At first the pink and green roots that form the shape of a heart appeared. I had no idea where this was going and I was in great doubt. Then the hat with the flowers took shape. When I saw the vague outline of a face appearing I knew this painting was about a fairy. Although my gallery of intuitive fairy paintings is quite extensive I was never visited by a member of this tribe before. His authentic hat makes him considerably different from all the others I ever painted. I wonder if more of his kin will follow in my future intuitive artwork. The heart-shape formed by the roots appears as a window through which we can see a fairy contemplating a butterfly on its way out. Pink and green are the colors of the heart chakra. So I think we can assume that this fairy brings a message of love ... fairy blessings for our wedding perhaps? And there is more going on. The roots and flowers symbolize the abundance found in spring and summer. The butterflies stand for transformation. Here they possess the ability to fly in and out of the space confined by the heart. The fairy with his hat and wings partly depicted outside the heart-shape seems to belong to two worlds or perhaps to the inside and outside dimensions of one and the same world. With this the heart shaped window has the qualities of a portal. Inside there is a meadow on which the fairy is kneeling. This space has an earth-like sense to it. The outside area feels ethereal. Perhaps this shows us the importance of a well-kept balance between the material and spiritual realms. When considering the fairy's message of love and his radiant third eye, we can conclude he is a light-being.

I feel blessed that this image came to me. I hope you enjoy it! I would love to hear your thoughts!

Love,

Rika

1 comment:

  1. Hi everybody,

    How would you interpret fairies in intuitive painting? Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    Love,

    Rika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your supportive and encouraging comments! I really appreciate them 💚 On topic questions are always welcome as well. I typically respond within 48 hours. Make sure to check the box ‘notify me’ before publishing if you want to get notified of my response. Best wishes, Rika 🌸