Navigation Bar

23 January 2016

About the Intuitive Painting Series: Healing Watercolors I

Hi everybody,

Let me tell you the story behind my intuitive painting series Healing Watercolors. It was created spontaneously in 2012 in a purely intuitive manner. During my introductory meditation I actively asked a question concerning healing in the holistic sense of the word to the cosmic source I believe is guiding my intuitive work. Positive Change and Indigo Child described in a former blog post, is the first piece of the series and is the only one made on a 22 cm by 26,5 cm watercolor paper. The others except for one are created on 24 cm by 17 cm watercolor paper with different weights and textures of the brand Hahnemühle with its specifics printed on the back. The series includes nine works in total, all made in watercolors and all depicting a light-being. Following are the second to the fifth paintings.


"Destiny", Watercolors on Paper, Intuitive Painting


Destiny

Here I asked to show me the way, my destiny. When this beautiful girl appeared I didn't know what to think of it. She looks quite colorful and set at the ocean or the lake. Apparently she is holding a waterlily or a lotus flower. Could that be a reference to the spiritual aspect of my path as an artist?



"Dream of the Shaman", Watercolors on Paper, Intuitive Painting

Dream of the Shaman

For this painting I asked for wisdom. The man who came forth looks like a shaman and is apparently performing some ritual with geometric symbols. The image reminds me of the Americas. Perhaps this reflects my connection to the American continent and the balance between logic and intuition?



"Healing", Watercolors on Paper, Intuitive Painting

Healing

This work depicts a light-being in pinks and greens, the colors of the heart chakra, releasing a golden butterfly, a symbol of transformation. In some traditions gold is considered the color of one of the finest spiritual energies.



"Butterfly Nature", Watercolors on Paper, Intuitive Painting

Butterfly Nature

This piece is done on 15,8 cm by 13,8 cm watercolor paper. Now I asked for a deeper connection with the earth. A fairy came to me. She looks compassionate and caring. The big butterfly is symbolizing transformation. Fairies are known for providing protection to nature. They are also often thought of as elementals or spirits of earth, water, air, fire and ether.

I will describe the remaining four images in a following blog post: Healing Watercolors II.

If you have similar experiences in your intuitive art or you do appreciate this kind of work, then please share your questions, views or additional information in the comments below or contact me. I would love to hear from you! Thank you!

Click on Glowing Roots Newsletter to subscribe to my newsletter and get blog updates, artsy news, freebees and special offers delivered directly in your inbox.

Love,

Rika

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your supportive and encouraging comments! I really appreciate them 💚 On topic questions are always welcome as well. I typically respond within 48 hours. Make sure to check the box ‘notify me’ before publishing if you want to get notified of my response. Best wishes, Rika 🌸