Hi everybody,
Let me tell you the story behind my intuitive paintings Portals. It concerns a series of seven works done in 2013 using gouache on watercolor paper. The sheets are rather small in size, all measuring 24 cm by 17 cm or 9.4" by 6.7". I used a watercolor pad from the brand Hahnemühle with different weights and surfaces. The particulars are indicated on the back of each sheet.
Let me tell you the story behind my intuitive paintings Portals. It concerns a series of seven works done in 2013 using gouache on watercolor paper. The sheets are rather small in size, all measuring 24 cm by 17 cm or 9.4" by 6.7". I used a watercolor pad from the brand Hahnemühle with different weights and surfaces. The particulars are indicated on the back of each sheet.
Business advice for artists often emphasizes the merit of working in a series. Although I am able to categorize my work in themes I always stayed away from attempting a series. I once unintentionally created one but my experience so far had taught me that in intuitive art one never knows what is going to appear. Then I had the idea of consciously choosing my materials and sticking with that for consecutive pieces. I limited myself to a small watercolor pad and gouache paints. Now there was still the question of the subject. I concluded that all the figures and creatures coming forth in my intuitive art could collectively be called light-beings. I thought it would be nice to also represent their environments. So I started as usual and cleared my mind. I then asked the cosmic source that I believe is guiding my work to show me where light-beings reside and to only reveal what I was permitted to share. I was hoping for a glimpse of other worlds or dimensions.
After I completed my grounding and my introductory meditation I received some extra information. I was to use gold or silver in each piece and I was to create a body of seven paintings. At this point I had no idea what was going to happen but I believed that this would only work if the information was meant to be shared.
I started painting by randomly splashing color on the paper and the pictures started flowing out of my brush. More elements appeared that would bind the paintings together for which I was really grateful. After the third piece it became clear to me that they were all going to show some sort of a doorway or passage with two birds that could effortlessly fly through them. These gates took three main shapes: the classical arch, the pyramid and the organic shape.
When trying to interpret what came to me I saw that I produced seven portals connecting different worlds or dimensions. The two birds could symbolize messengers that can easily cross over. Are these intuitive paintings pictures of where light-beings reside? I don't know but I believe that they are beautiful and peaceful messages intended to encourage and give hope.
I really enjoyed painting these portals and I am looking forward to creating more.
If you also love portals in intuitive art then please share your thoughts in the comments below or contact me. Thank you. Feel free to drop by and say hi. I would love to hear from you!
Click on Glowing Roots Newsletter to subscribe to my newsletter and get blog updates, artsy news, freebees and special offers delivered directly in your inbox.
Love,
Rika
![]() |
| "Portal, Silver and Gold in the Heavens", Gouache on Paper, Intuitive Painting |
Click on Glowing Roots Newsletter to subscribe to my newsletter and get blog updates, artsy news, freebees and special offers delivered directly in your inbox.
Love,
Rika







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for all your supportive and encouraging comments! I really appreciate them 💚 On topic questions are always welcome as well. I typically respond within 48 hours. Make sure to check the box ‘notify me’ before publishing if you want to get notified of my response. Best wishes, Rika 🌸