Light, Love and Peace is the second drawing in my yet to be named intuitive drawing series. It is made with colored pencils on beautiful A4 drawing paper that I particularly like because it is rather heavy (180g/m2), acid-free and has some texture. I worked in a purely intuitive manner. This means that I started out without concepts, sketches, studies or designs. I did not make any conscious decisions along the way but just let it happen. Every time I started to judge about what I was doing I took a short break. I thought it would be fun to record the proces in order to show you how it works.
![]() |
| Light, Love and Peace, Colored Pencils on Paper, Intuitive Drawing |
The method that I illustrate here is only one of the many possibilities that I use to create intuitive art. I plan on showing you others with different media in the future. No matter what, I believe that my work is guided by a cosmic source and that what appears are messages filled with hope, joy, compassion, love and peace intended to encourage us on the often challenging path of life.
I scanned the work about every hour to show you the consecutive stages and how it evolved. I will also attempt to interpret the colors and the symbolic language.
Stage 1
Before starting I received flashes of a moss-green colored pencil. So I went ahead and used that first. Then I felt attracted to the metallic colors gold, silver and copper. I had been disappointed in these because they were less bright than what I had hoped for and because they were harder than the regular colors. Nevertheless, I resisted questioning and continued with these. A gentle eye appeared. In many traditions the eye refers to the divine and also protection. A heart-seed followed and another growing out of it. The heart is a well known symbol of love. Could this symbolize the action of planting and growing love? I then went on with light-green turquoise, purple, pink and magenta. Green and pink shades are the colors of the heart chakra. In this stage also appeared a moon or star, both potential sources of light.
![]() |
| Light, Love and Peace (Stage 1), Colored Pencils on Paper, Intuitive Drawing |
Stage 2
Now I moved on towards the middle of the page. There I drew what looks like some sort of a root with shoots and minerals glowing in its vicinity. This could represent a portal with stars. At this point I was attracted to the earth-tones sienna and ochre to accentuate the gold and the copper. In the lower corner appeared some sort of a tulip with trees growing out of its leaves. Flowers stand for love, beauty and spring and trees for the power of life. It seemed as if dry wood in winter and fresh shoots in spring would become the theme in this drawing. The colors resemble a cool winter-pallet.
![]() |
| Light, Love and Peace (Stage 2), Colored Pencils on Paper, Intuitive Drawing |
Stage 3
A butterfly appears, the symbol of transformation and healing. I started adding lemon-yellow and indigo. Then I drew another landscape with a golden sun or moon and a glowing planted heart waiting for spring to start growing. Also branches emerged from the tulip and birds flew into the landscape on its petals.
![]() |
| Light, Love and Peace (Stage 3), Colored Pencils on Paper, Intuitive Drawing |
Stage 4
Three blue birds came to me. They represent freedom and peace or the transition between the seasons. They can also be recognized as messengers. I resisted to add yet another color but the message was clear and I went on with an orange pencil. This color stands for joy and protection. A beautiful sun appeared in the upper left corner and hearts sprouted out of the tulip.
![]() |
| Light, Love and Peace (Stage 4), Colored Pencils on Paper, Intuitive Drawing |
Stage 5
In the lower right corner appears another flower with a butterfly. Light radiates out of its chalice and merges with the light emitted by the glowing heart from above. The atmosphere between the left tulip and the planted heart at its right gets unified.
![]() |
| Light, Love and Peace (Stage 5), Colored Pencils on Paper, Intuitive Drawing |
Stage 6
Between the tulip on the left and the planted heart at its right appears yet another plant with a butterfly. I also drew a tree with some birds in the distance on the leave of the flower on the right. I finished the piece with some details and signed and dated it in the lower right corner.
![]() |
| Light, Love and Peace (Stage 6), Colored Pencils on Paper, Intuitive Drawing |
I am very happy with how this turned out. I love the soft colors and the symbols of light and love. I am grateful that this image came to me and that I had the opportunity to share it with you.
Do you have any questions or would you like to share some additional information regarding this theme? I would love to hear your thoughts!
The analysis of this work is part of my Intuitive Art Diaries series. Read the introduction to this series by clicking Intuitive Art Diaries: One Artwork at a Time.
You can read about the first work in the series by clicking Intuitive Art Diaries 2: The Drawing Traveling through Life and you can find out more about the third work by clicking Intuitive Art Diaries 6: The Drawing Echoes of Atlantis.
Do you have any questions or would you like to share some additional information regarding this theme? I would love to hear your thoughts!
The analysis of this work is part of my Intuitive Art Diaries series. Read the introduction to this series by clicking Intuitive Art Diaries: One Artwork at a Time.
You can read about the first work in the series by clicking Intuitive Art Diaries 2: The Drawing Traveling through Life and you can find out more about the third work by clicking Intuitive Art Diaries 6: The Drawing Echoes of Atlantis.
Love,
Rika







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for all your supportive and encouraging comments! I really appreciate them 💚 On topic questions are always welcome as well. I typically respond within 48 hours. Make sure to check the box ‘notify me’ before publishing if you want to get notified of my response. Best wishes, Rika 🌸