Echoes of Atlantis is the third piece in my not yet named intuitive drawing series. The symbolic language of the drawing and the sensation that came to me while I was working on it reminded me of the lost world of Atlantis.
![]() |
| "Echoes of Atlantis", Colored Pencils on Paper, Intuitive Drawing |
Although this world has always intrigued me and I did quite a bit of research on the topic, I don't feel that I am a specialist in the matter. As I understand it, the many myths, theories and speculations could be divided into two big groups. The first one would include the idea that Atlantis was a paradise that got corrupted by its people through greed and violence. Therefore it was destroyed by the gods. The second group contains the belief that it was a place hosting the highest divine energy. Its society was highly refined and developed, inhabited by the wisest and most peaceful beings and contained extraordinary sources of wealth. Because of the growing negative frequency of the earth, its world ceased to exist or was forced to move into another dimension or to another planet and was forgotten. I tend to lean towards the latter explanation. Since I believe that my intuitive artwork is guided by a cosmic source, it is not unthinkable that remembering the qualities of Atlantis actually is a message of hope, love, peace and compassion.
![]() |
| "Echoes of Atlantis" (detail), Colored Pencils on Paper, Intuitive Drawing |
Echoes of Atlantis is done with colored pencils on beautiful A4 drawing paper. I did not manage to record the consecutive steps of the piece because I felt that this was interfering with the flow of the process. Nevertheless, I can tell you how it evolved. As usual I started each session with emptying my mind and asking the universe for guidance.
- In the first stage the diagonal roots and florals appeared. They represent life and abundance. Then I filled the center space with the eye, a symbol of divine protection, and the trunk with its florals.
- In the second stage I added the landscape with the phoenix, pyramid and sun in the lower left corner. These elements stand for resurrection and eternity. After that, a portal appeared in the lower center of the piece suggesting a passage to another space or dimension.
![]() |
| "Echoes of Atlantis" (detail), Colored Pencils on Paper, Intuitive Drawing |
- At this point the drawing stayed untouched for weeks. I had no idea of a possible interpretation and I forgot all about it.
- Then I was drawn to it again and I completed the right side with a lotus growing in a river with fish running through a landscape with palm trees, birds and a beautiful sun. I also added the remnants of a ruin. While I was working I heard an inner voice whispering Atlantis. It was also in this third stage that I started outlining the two birds and pyramids in the left side of the image.
- Finally, in the fourth stage, I completed the two birds, one with pyramids and the other with a full moon. To me birds symbolize messengers that have inter-dimensional access. I also added the dolphins, the symbol of the refined energy of Atlantis, and the florals in the top left corner.
![]() |
| "Echoes of Atlantis"(detail) , Colored Pencils on Paper, Intuitive Drawing |
If you are working with the beautiful energy of Atlantis or if you wish to provide more information about it, then I would love to hear your thoughts!
The analysis of this work is part of my Intuitive Art Diaries series. Read the introduction to this series by clicking Intuitive Art Diaries: One Artwork at a Time.
You can read about the first work in the series by clicking Intuitive Art Diaries 2: The Drawing Traveling through Life and find out more about the second work by clicking Intuitive Art Diaries 5: The Drawing Love, Light and Peace.
Love,
Rika
The analysis of this work is part of my Intuitive Art Diaries series. Read the introduction to this series by clicking Intuitive Art Diaries: One Artwork at a Time.
You can read about the first work in the series by clicking Intuitive Art Diaries 2: The Drawing Traveling through Life and find out more about the second work by clicking Intuitive Art Diaries 5: The Drawing Love, Light and Peace.
Love,
Rika




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for all your supportive and encouraging comments! I really appreciate them 💚 On topic questions are always welcome as well. I typically respond within 48 hours. Make sure to check the box ‘notify me’ before publishing if you want to get notified of my response. Best wishes, Rika 🌸