Navigation Bar

09 January 2016

Intuitive Art Diaries 2: The Drawing Traveling through Life

Hi everybody,

Last year I have started a series of intuitive drawings. Traveling through Life is  the first work that gave me the idea for creating more with the same approach. As always I first took the time to quiet my mind and then just let it happen. I picked colored pencils as my medium and beautiful drawing paper as my surface and got started.

"Traveling through Life", Colored Pencil on Paper, Intuitive Drawing

The composition was immediately set by the diagonal lines of what would take the shape of a fish. The theme is close to nature and is filled with symbols that can represent travel, like for example the boat on the ocean, the outline of a fish leading the way with a big light or star above its head and a bird apparently heading in the same direction. Also the infinite cycle of day and night can be recognized by the moon, the stars and the sun shining over little landscapes. There is also a butterfly, symbol of transformation, and the infinite cycle of life and death, also referred to by the little shoots, twigs and flowers.

Would you like to add something to this interpretation? Are similar symbols showing up in your intuitive artwork? I would love to hear your thoughts!

The analysis of this work is part of my Intuitive Art Diaries series. Read the introduction to this series by clicking Intuitive Art Diaries: One Artwork at a Time.

You can read about the second piece in the series by clicking Intuitive Art Diaries 5: The Drawing Love, Light and Peace and you can find out more about the third piece by clicking Intuitive Art Diaries 6: The Drawing Echoes of Atlantis.

Love,

Rika

1 comment:

  1. What do you like about intuitive drawing? Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your supportive and encouraging comments! I really appreciate them 💚 On topic questions are always welcome as well. I typically respond within 48 hours. Make sure to check the box ‘notify me’ before publishing if you want to get notified of my response. Best wishes, Rika 🌸